Why Resize An Image?
Today’s phones and cameras are capable of taking highly detailed images that make high quality prints and look great on a screen . But, the phone or computer screen only needs a small fraction of the original image file size to display a clear sharp image. So an image is resized because:
- The image file size is so huge it will take too long to display on the webpage and may exceed the maximum size the website program allows to be uploaded.
- Maximum Image File Size = 8 megabytes
- The image is the wrong size / shape / dimensions for the space on the webpage.
Most of the time our website won’t force you to resize your image because the file size is too large. The program automatically resizes and crops as needed. But you may want to resize or crop your images yourself to control how they look.
- Use the programs that come with your Mac ( preview) or PC (paint).
- Upload the image to a free online resize / crop program like:
» Image Resizer Online «
( Note: NMC is not endorsing this website nor responsible for any offsite links.)
See the following list for cropped sizes or suggested maximum image dimensions (width x height) :
- Profile Picture: 200px x 200px
- Dashboard pages cover image: 1300px x 225px
- Image for post or article : Maximum 1024 px W , and 683 px H , cropped to 300px wide
- Gallery Image: Maximum 1024 px W , and 683 px H , cropped to 350px wide in image grid.