2023 Spring Run – April 22nd

Home-org Forums Event Forums Official Club Events 2023 Spring Run – April 22nd

Tagged: 

• Topics- 19
    • Replies- 56
    • Total- 75
    • Gear Head
    • ★★★

Hi ALL – The Spring Run is 90+ miles of mixed roads (twisty, numbered and un-numbered highway). It starts in Granby CT at the parking lot of Geissler’s Market. It ends at Almost Famous Brewery in East Granby where they have a good selection of craft beers as well as seltzer (both alcoholic and NA). Food there is done by food truck and all of them are good. We expect to arrive around 2:00 so bring a snack. Details can be seen under “Events” on the Nutmeg website.

-Jim Merchant

• Topics- 4
    • Replies- 133
    • Total- 137
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

First run of the year!  I’m in! Oh boy!  The weather is proving to be going in the right direction.

Pray for no rain.

• Topics- 1
    • Replies- 4
    • Total- 5
    • Spectator

I’m excited to make this my first club event as a new member.  I recently took my MX5 for a cruise on the Connecticut River on the Chester-Hadlyme ferry. 

• Topics- 105
    • Replies- 984
    • Total- 1089
    • Ace
    • ★★★★★

The first Club ride of the year is always a good time…looking forward to it

see you all saturday!!

To james…We have been on that ferry before…interesting with 20 cars…lol!!  it took a few trips to get everyone across

• Topics- 105
    • Replies- 984
    • Total- 1089
    • Ace
    • ★★★★★

A little reminder to all signed up for Saturday…this is RAIN OR SHINE!!

if something comes up and you cannot attend, please cancel your RSVP to open up a spot for someone else

EDIT:  Looks like someone DID change their mind and cancelled their reservation…I see only 29 names on the list right now

See you all on Saturday!

Joe

• Topics- 105
    • Replies- 984
    • Total- 1089
    • Ace
    • ★★★★★

Well…someone was paying attention…a spot opened up yesterday and a member snapped it up this morning…even though the comments showed it full

the software limits how many signups it can take.  One dropped out…someone else signed up…so i guess some things are working as they should

See you all tomorrow!!

• Topics- 105
    • Replies- 984
    • Total- 1089
    • Ace
    • ★★★★★

Got a text message last night that I did not see until this morning…Someone is not gonna make it, so if anyone sees this and want to go, just show up

• Topics- 6
    • Replies- 48
    • Total- 54
    • Gear Head
    • ★★★

Hi James,

We also took the same ferry last year with my Fiat 124 before I got a ND Miata. going by car ferry is fun.

• Topics- 105
    • Replies- 984
    • Total- 1089
    • Ace
    • ★★★★★

What a wonderful day…a bit of fog and dampness, but no real rain.  the endpoint mat Almost famous was a great place to end.  Then a few of us went for ice cream in Granby…then on to Mapleview farms for another beverage and live music…cannot think of a better way to spend the day

thank you very much to everyone that came out

• Topics- 1
    • Replies- 4
    • Total- 5
    • Spectator

Nico and I had a great day cruising in the hills and dales…sorry we couldn’t stay longer but Nico had a Boy Scout event he needed to get back for.  Looking forward to many more adventures with the Nutmeggers…

• Topics- 0
    • Replies- 2
    • Total- 2
    • Spectator

Thanks for organizing a great drive.  Almost Famous was a wonderful lunch spot.  It was nice to meet everyone. Thanks for such a warm welcome for a new member/first event.

• Topics- 2
    • Replies- 10
    • Total- 12
    • Novice
    • ★★

It was great meeting everyone yesterday! I had an awesome time. Looking forward to the next event!

• Topics- 6
    • Replies- 48
    • Total- 54
    • Gear Head
    • ★★★

We had a fantastic time on yesterdays run and great to see everyone and make some new friends. Can’t wait until the next get together and group run. Miata

• Topics- 10
    • Replies- 151
    • Total- 161
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Glad that someone grabbed my spot.

Hope to be able to join next time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.