2021 Wheels for Wheels Charity Car Show

Home-org Forums Event Forums Official Club Events 2021 Wheels for Wheels Charity Car Show

• Topics- 17
    • Replies- 200
    • Total- 217
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Let’s see what kind of turnout we can get if we actually make it a club event! The show proceeds got to Wheels for Wheels, a local charity that is a non-profit organization.

The show officially starts at noon, but last year we got there early and half the cars were already there. I’m suggesting we meet at my house around 10:30-10:45 and head down at 11:00 as a group, but not a requirement. Bring a chair and a cooler, last year there was a great variety of interesting cars, spanning a wide spectrum. And several Miatas not belonging to our group. Interesting people to talk to, food vendors, local business, etc.

The event is held at Pettibone Community Center, 2 Pickett District Rd, New Milford, CT 06776

The web page for the event can be found here: https://www.wheelsforwheels.com/events

Or on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/events/909809613183819

If enough people are interested I’d be happy to have people back to the house afterwards for pulled pork sandwiches and beverages in the driveway or around the fire pit. Post up in the forums if you’re down so that I can get an idea of a head count.

• Topics- 105
    • Replies- 984
    • Total- 1089
    • Ace
    • ★★★★★

count me in…last year we got the ‘Best Club’ award…lets see if we can make it two in a row

• Topics- 10
    • Replies- 151
    • Total- 161
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Hey Dave,

RSVP’d!

Thank you for the invite.  Looks like a great event and an opportunity to hangout with the Nutmeg Club Members!

-Levi

• Topics- 105
    • Replies- 984
    • Total- 1089
    • Ace
    • ★★★★★

Now officially on the list also!!

• Topics- 2
    • Replies- 7
    • Total- 9
    • Spectator

See you guys Saturday morning!

• Topics- 3
    • Replies- 6
    • Total- 9
    • Spectator

Scott and I have each officially registered our vehicles and we will meet at Dave’s Saturday morning.

Looking forward to another large and interesting show!

• Topics- 2
    • Replies- 7
    • Total- 9
    • Spectator

Dave, sign me up for the show, I’ll be going to the show, wife and and I will be returning to your place. thank you

• Topics- 8
    • Replies- 54
    • Total- 62
    • Gear Head
    • ★★★

Do I need to register with them? It appears like you have to pay to register.

I’m reserved on the events page, but not sure how to proceed from here.

• Topics- 10
    • Replies- 151
    • Total- 161
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the email and for the after car show invite.  I asked my wife to come with me.  We shall see.

I planned to stop by your place for a few minutes after the car show.  Hope you have plenty of parking in your neighborhood.

-Levi

• Topics- 10
    • Replies- 151
    • Total- 161
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Hey Mike,

As far as my understanding with Dave’s email, we are going to be registered as part of the club and we pay the club the $10.

So there is no need to register individually through the site.  RSVP to the event is all that is needed for now.

Levi

• Topics- 17
    • Replies- 200
    • Total- 217
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Yes, Levi is correct. I will register those who sign up to the event as a group with the organizers. There will be a list of club members at check-in. Hopefully we can head down as a group. Then I will collect $10 from club members at the show and get that money to Bob to reimburse the club. I’m not sure how they will treat passengers, as a “suggested donation” of $20 is mentioned in their flyers. Or they may just wave the club in as a group, we’ll see. If they do… maybe go send a couple bucks at their merch tent.

Don’t worry Scott and Rita, I understand that you guys are already set up.

• Topics- 10
    • Replies- 21
    • Total- 31
    • Novice
    • ★★

Robin Denny- sign me up with my white ’94. If It is not fixed I will bring a cardboard cutout! LOL

• Topics- 0
    • Replies- 7
    • Total- 7
    • Spectator

Hi Dave,

Please sign me up for the show.

Thanks,

Lee

• Topics- 8
    • Replies- 54
    • Total- 62
    • Gear Head
    • ★★★

Hey Lee and Robin, just to be sure, you should sign up on the Club “Events” page. I don’t think the “Events Page” is synced to the “Events Forum” so the roster may not get updates.

• Topics- 0
    • Replies- 7
    • Total- 7
    • Spectator

It says reservations are closed. Is it ok to come to Dave’s house and attend the event anyway?

• Topics- 105
    • Replies- 984
    • Total- 1089
    • Ace
    • ★★★★★

Yes…please do come to Dave’s house and attend the event…Dave might have the signup page fixed later this afternoon…but show up anyway!!…the more the merrier

• Topics- 17
    • Replies- 200
    • Total- 217
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

OK, yes I had set the event to close at 11:00 this morning, but I have added both of you my list. You should be able to officially sign up until 5:00 tonight. If you can, do add your names so that when I make the mass donation, the numbers match and Bob does not question my math.

Dave

• Topics- 1
    • Replies- 3
    • Total- 4
    • Spectator

Dave,
    As planned, ill be showing up at your place in the a.m. to join the group. After the show I’ll be stopping by your place again for a short while.
    Thanks for the invite.
    – Gary

• Topics- 4
    • Replies- 133
    • Total- 137
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Saw on FB the turn out, Sorry couldn’t make it.  I was busy with family as it was my Daughter’s first Holy Communion yesterday.

But I was there in Spirit!

• Topics- 10
    • Replies- 151
    • Total- 161
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

The Wheels for Wheels Charity Car Show was a great turnout.   We could not ask more for a better weather flying the new Nutmeg Miata banner that Dave made in his basement.

Needless to say, It was great seeing some of the club members Dave, Joe, Gary, Mike, Lee, et. AL.

Thank you also to Dave for offering his house for the post-show get together with a good home cooked “Italian” meal and libations.

The drive coming home to the Big City was nothing but spectacular!   I was rewarded by lots of narrow twisties using the local route.

I only took a few pictures, most of them are stored as a mental pictures.

Numeg Miata Coral

Nutmeg Miata Club!

Red PPRWish you are there!

Levi

• Topics- 1
    • Replies- 3
    • Total- 4
    • Spectator

Couldn’t have asked for a better day for this event.   The Wheels for Wheels Charity Car Show brought together old friends and where new friends were made.  It was great to mingle and check out other member’s cars.  So many different stories and ideas to grasp.  Thanks to Dave for shouting out to us and making it happen.  The after show rendezvous back at Dave’s house was a real plus.  His hospitality  was much appreciated by all.  It was great to be a part of this event.

• Topics- 2
    • Replies- 7
    • Total- 9
    • Spectator

Had a great time Saturday, Dave, thanks for the invite to your home after the show. Got home and realized, I never paid for the show!, how can I pay for the entry? Thanks

• Topics- 17
    • Replies- 200
    • Total- 217
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

No worries Bob, catch me at the next one.

And Levi, great pics!

Dave

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.