2008 grand touring- rev9 hyper street coil over

Home-org Forums General Interest NMC Talk 2008 grand touring- rev9 hyper street coil over

• Topics- 1
    • Replies- 5
    • Total- 6
    • Spectator

Had mechanic install rev9 hyper street coil overs from redline 360 fitment info advised the product was a match ,mechanic was concerned do to 5 inch rear height difference there would be an issue ,rev 9 tech line advisor explained the spring rate of product it would work/ failed bottomed out back to OEM any advice or explaination would be appreciated

• Topics- 17
    • Replies- 200
    • Total- 217
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

I assume they were adjusted to max ride height? Site says 1-3″ drop, 1″ shouldn’t cause much scraping, especially with 8/6k springs. Did you measure fender to center of wheel before and after?

Generally I would recommend sticking with a more Miata centric dealer that knows exactly what fits and what does not.

Dave

• Topics- 1
    • Replies- 5
    • Total- 6
    • Spectator

Thank you, probably a matter of the mechanics lift bay productivity ,at the same time replaced links and bushings also upgraded the brakes .The car is riding great,to much cost to try again, guess i’m gonna try selling coil overs😂to recoup my bad.

• Topics- 105
    • Replies- 984
    • Total- 1089
    • Ace
    • ★★★★★

Don’t take this the wrong way…but ya get what ya pay for…both on the parts and whoever installed them.  Not a dedicated Miata parts supplier and from the sounds of it, the shop was not familiar with this platform

the Club is a great resource for information that covers these things…

Miata.net is the go to place for this kind of information also…whole section over there just for the NC platform

this link is for NC suspension information and discussion

https://forum.miata.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Research is free…mistakes are costly

• Topics- 1
    • Replies- 5
    • Total- 6
    • Spectator

Thank you , reason I joined club was mostly knowledge, thank you for sharing yours, with the proper mechanic do you feel installable on Grand touring  or do we suggest I sell the coil overs and move on

• Topics- 8
    • Replies- 54
    • Total- 62
    • Gear Head
    • ★★★

I managed to go 100K on the original Bilsteins on my NC before I installed a set of  MeisterR Zeta-CRDs. Undo one link on the rears and undo the top wishbone in front. No top hats to swap, was as easy as any NA or NB. There are a few You tube videos on this.

I liked the CRDs, a bit firmer than originals, but you use stock anti-sways (and still reduces roll, dive and squat enormously), and save money.

• Topics- 1
    • Replies- 5
    • Total- 6
    • Spectator

Thank You appreciate the response, at this point, due to the cost of going back to OEM believe the coilover upgrade budget  is being moved on concentrating on their resale for now

• Topics- 1
    • Replies- 5
    • Total- 6
    • Spectator

Thanks again maybe if I try again will definitely go to Miata centric shop thinking definitely since new Bushings and OEM Front and rear links were installed at time of coil over install the fitment didn’t work,Did a 60 mi run today and ride was a joy  time to move on

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.