2006-15’ MX-5 Tech Tips

Home-org Forums Nuts & Bolts Tinkering 2006-15’ MX-5 Tech Tips

• Topics- 10
    • Replies- 151
    • Total- 161
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Here is a good article from Grassroots Motorsports for MX-5 NC owners.

Flyinn’ Miata and Goodwin-Racing talks about buying tips, basic suspension, to a 2.5Liter engine upgrades etc.

Hope this helps.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/tech-tips-200615-mazda-mx-5/

• Topics- 17
    • Replies- 200
    • Total- 217
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Levi, great article! We need to get more people comfortable working on the newer Miatas

• Topics- 10
    • Replies- 151
    • Total- 161
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Yes.  I agree with you Dave.

Last year’s “Dave’s Tech day” was a success.  Looking forward to this year’s NMC events.

• Topics- 6
    • Replies- 25
    • Total- 31
    • Novice
    • ★★

This was a fun read Levi…..Thanks! I am encouraged that Abbys ’13 NC3 rates well with the folks who wrote the article. Right now our plans for upgrades are pretty modest from a performance perspective. It is extremely important to us that the car remains comfortable for daily driving. Years ago we modified Abby’s VW Jetta and wound up with a slow, loud, and uncomfortable car. We really like so much of what her Miata is before mods.  We did “modify” the manual trans fluid, and shifter turret with the suggested bushing and unicorn tears FoMoCo fluid ( I did the “below car” work and Abby did the shifter work—she is no joke with a wrench!). At that time we also put in fresh diff fluid. Any other mods are almost purely cosmetic. I do own a complete set of used calipers for the eventuality of a brake job. I was fascinated by the attached video and really want to polish and paint them with a full rebuild of internals. This video runs a bit over 25 min but is well done and fun to watch. https://youtu.be/jlG9aabJ4ZE           —Mark W.

• Topics- 10
    • Replies- 151
    • Total- 161
    • Pro
    • ★★★★

Thanks Mark for sharing your adventure.

Video of caliper restoration can be helpful to anyone and not just NC cars.  Green is such a refreshing color.  Reminds me of spring!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.